Furniture for my sister!

My sister and her hubby bought a house this past summer.  They spent the entire summer renovating and making it amazing!! They did a fabulous job and everything looks so great.  I'll be posting bits and pieces of the actual renovation later, but for now, here are just a couple of pieces I did just for them.

You all know that when you buy a house, especially a huge house like my sis and bro did everyone wants to donate all of their old stuff to you, and you gladly accept, right?  Here is a pic of the side table in their master bedroom before....

Here is the after!  I love this color!  It's Rustoleum Spray Paint in Aqua.  I also did a hutch of my own in this color and I will post about it soon.





This is a pic of the long dresser that matches---I can't find the before picutre, but you can imagine, right?



What do you think?? Not bad for free, right??

Danielle


Linking back to: Furniture Feature Fridays The Shabby Nest DomesticallySpeaking

Labels: , , , ,

Our Tennessee Life ...formerly The Retail DIYet: Furniture for my sister!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Furniture for my sister!

My sister and her hubby bought a house this past summer.  They spent the entire summer renovating and making it amazing!! They did a fabulous job and everything looks so great.  I'll be posting bits and pieces of the actual renovation later, but for now, here are just a couple of pieces I did just for them.

You all know that when you buy a house, especially a huge house like my sis and bro did everyone wants to donate all of their old stuff to you, and you gladly accept, right?  Here is a pic of the side table in their master bedroom before....

Here is the after!  I love this color!  It's Rustoleum Spray Paint in Aqua.  I also did a hutch of my own in this color and I will post about it soon.





This is a pic of the long dresser that matches---I can't find the before picutre, but you can imagine, right?



What do you think?? Not bad for free, right??

Danielle


Linking back to: Furniture Feature Fridays The Shabby Nest DomesticallySpeaking

Labels: , , , ,

38 Comments:

At January 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Lori said...

a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

 
At January 27, 2012 at 7:45 AM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

that looks faaaabulous! i can't believe that's spray paint. i wish i could look at a before piece and think like this!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Gorgeous! I love the color, and the hardware! You should join me for handmade 52! http://www.raisingoranges.blogspot.com
Katie

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my that is beautiful and fantastic. And for free that is great!! I so love the color. Did you spray it directly or you did some scraping etc. ?
Thrifted

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thanks! I'll hop on over and visit your site. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Hi Mary,
I sprayed a coat of primer first and then just lightly sanded in a few places. The spray paint went on so easily! Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it!
Danielle

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thanks, lady! xo

 
At January 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Lynne said...

Gorgeous! I love the colour!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

That blue is so cheery! The nightstand looks totally different!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Vintage Home said...

not bad for free...not bad for money..these pieces are amazing what a great job! You really brought them back to life!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Mr. Smith@TheSmithGarage said...

seriously - that looks good for spray paint. love the color on the hardware too.

 
At January 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thanks! Was just checking out your blog. Very cool stuff!

 
At January 29, 2012 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Frankie said...

That would have awesome if you'd bought it...great piece!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 4:04 AM , Blogger Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

This project is awesome! I am LOVING aqua right now. It would be super cool if would come by today to enter my giveaway for a $50 Lowe's gift card and to link up to my very first party! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/imagine-the-impossibilities-link-party-1/
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

 
At February 1, 2012 at 4:55 AM , Blogger 6th Grade said...

beautiful! how many cans of paint did you use????

 
At February 1, 2012 at 5:03 AM , Blogger Emily @ The Diligent One said...

Squee! So pretty! I love the color, and the transformation is amazing.

 
At February 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Love that color!

... would you like to share at our multi-blog "Imagine the Impossibilities" link party? I think everyone would really enjoy it as much as I ...

Here's the link: http://www.itallstartedwithpaint.com/2012/01/imagine-impossibilities-2012-link-party.html

We stay live until Friday midnight (CST). Hope to see you at the party!

Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

 
At February 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you! I used about 5 cans of spray paint!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Looks brand new! LOve the color. I just bought an antique kitchen stool and am trying to decide what color to paint it...thank you for sharing the color you used.

Spray paint? I am assuming so since it's rustoleum.

 
At February 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM , Blogger K&B by the Sea said...

Love the turquoise with the silver hardware. Such a great way to give old furniture a new lease on life :-) Makes me kind of wish people would give me their old furniture!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Linda @ it all started with paint said...

So happy to see you at the Impossibilities party! Linda

 
At February 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Had to stop back in to see this again, just love it!! Thanks so much for linking this up to the challenge too! Karah

 
At February 5, 2012 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Totally awesome! Love the color and the hardware! And I love free too!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Love it Danielle! You and Christine inspire me!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Yes, spray paint! Thanks so much for your nice words!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you for stopping by to take a look!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Free is the best! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thanks, Jen! I see that you've got the DIY bug as well! If you want me to put any of your stuff up on the blog, I'd love to have you guest post!
Danielle

 
At February 20, 2012 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Bella said...

Wow gorgeous! I love the aqua! I can't wait for warmer weather so I can start spray painting some furniture.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Bella said...

Wow gorgeous! I LOVE the aqua! Can't wait for warmer weather so I can spray paint some furniture.

 
At February 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm loving all of your pieces, you really have a knack at this, good job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home