Hutch in my FAVORITE color!

Once you've been around here for a while you will see a pattern.  I love the color blue....all shades--I don't discriminate!  Light aqua all the way to dark teal...you will see many pieces in this color.  I'm warning you now. 

I found this piece at one of my favorite places--Goodwill!  It was a "Blue Tag Special"-50% off!  I ended up paying $19.00 for this solid wood hutch.  It had 3 different types of handles--Three of them were eagles--yes, like the bird.  Who does that??? 
A steal at $19.00!
Love the detail





















































































































I gave her a light sand and then primed her.  She received two coats of Rustoleum Spray Paint in Aqua.  The same color as my sisters side tables and dressers .  I love the coverage that spray paint gives.  If you haven't tried spray paint dont be afraid!  Just keep spraying in a continuous motion side to side.  Start and end OFF of the piece. 

Sometimes I just paint the old hardware to give it a new life, but these needed to be changed.  I opted for these crystal knobs from Home Depot.




 The square white plates are from Crate & Barrel and the awesome funky plates were a wedding gift from a great friend.  They are Villeroy & Boch and I adore them!!  I love the color, shape and everything about them.  I picked up the blue plate at a student pottery sale at Penn. 
 Those beautiful hydrangea's are my valentines flowers.  Simple and beautiful!  Love it!
 My lovely neighbor gave us this beautiful handmade bowl as a wedding gift.  I absolutely love it and its one of our favorite gifts. 

My hubs picked up this deer skull at an antique store.  I like the look, but I still won't pick it up...I make him move it and clean it.


Danielle
Linking up to these fabulous parties! Furniture Feature Fridays

The Girl Creative







OurDIYDiaries

Oopsey Daisy






The Shabby Nest
The Thrifty Groove
Photobucket


UndertheTableandDreaming


HOG

Labels: , , , , , ,

Our Tennessee Life ...formerly The Retail DIYet: Hutch in my FAVORITE color!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hutch in my FAVORITE color!

Once you've been around here for a while you will see a pattern.  I love the color blue....all shades--I don't discriminate!  Light aqua all the way to dark teal...you will see many pieces in this color.  I'm warning you now. 

I found this piece at one of my favorite places--Goodwill!  It was a "Blue Tag Special"-50% off!  I ended up paying $19.00 for this solid wood hutch.  It had 3 different types of handles--Three of them were eagles--yes, like the bird.  Who does that??? 
A steal at $19.00!
Love the detail





















































































































I gave her a light sand and then primed her.  She received two coats of Rustoleum Spray Paint in Aqua.  The same color as my sisters side tables and dressers .  I love the coverage that spray paint gives.  If you haven't tried spray paint dont be afraid!  Just keep spraying in a continuous motion side to side.  Start and end OFF of the piece. 

Sometimes I just paint the old hardware to give it a new life, but these needed to be changed.  I opted for these crystal knobs from Home Depot.




 The square white plates are from Crate & Barrel and the awesome funky plates were a wedding gift from a great friend.  They are Villeroy & Boch and I adore them!!  I love the color, shape and everything about them.  I picked up the blue plate at a student pottery sale at Penn. 
 Those beautiful hydrangea's are my valentines flowers.  Simple and beautiful!  Love it!
 My lovely neighbor gave us this beautiful handmade bowl as a wedding gift.  I absolutely love it and its one of our favorite gifts. 

My hubs picked up this deer skull at an antique store.  I like the look, but I still won't pick it up...I make him move it and clean it.


Danielle
Linking up to these fabulous parties! Furniture Feature Fridays

The Girl Creative







OurDIYDiaries

Oopsey Daisy






The Shabby Nest
The Thrifty Groove
Photobucket


UndertheTableandDreaming


HOG

Labels: , , , , , ,

38 Comments:

At February 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Emily @ The Diligent One said...

So pretty!

 
At February 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM , Blogger Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

OH wow!! The transformation here is incredible! I love the color you chose! What a lovely hutch! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

 
At February 15, 2012 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Christy Nicholson said...

Gorgeous! I am so inspired.

 
At February 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At February 15, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you, Alison! Danielle

 
At February 15, 2012 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Mr. Smith@TheSmithGarage said...

isn't just totally AMAZING what a little paint can do to one of those 70's dark stained pieces? That looks incredible. And with spray paint - Awesome.

 
At February 16, 2012 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

so cute! i think aqua makes it all better! :)

 
At February 16, 2012 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Very pretty and what an improvement! Come over and link up at my first party! I would love to have you!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

 
At February 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!! I'll definitely link up! I am your newest follower!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

I agree!! Thanks for stopping by! I'm your newest follower!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thanks so much!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

Gorgeous! And what a steal at 19.00! I love turquoise/aqua/blue, too!

 
At February 17, 2012 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Our DIY Diaries said...

Oh this is stunning! I have the perfect spot for it...in my dining room...hehe. You did a wonderful job! Thanks for linking it up!

 
At February 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Beautiful...other than the deer skull of course...really beautiful color! and the flowers are bowl are perfect on it!

 
At February 17, 2012 at 8:26 AM , Blogger shabbygals said...

I love the transformation of this hutch. I am really into the aqua color these days. I think it looks so fresh!

 
At February 17, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a great piece, and I love the colour too.

 
At February 17, 2012 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow- what a deal! This turned out beautiful!
-Melissa
PS- I've started a Blog Hop to replace GFC- would love for you to stop by and join in.

 
At February 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At February 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At February 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Haha! Thank you!

 
At February 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At February 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This turned out so pretty! I love the color!

I host a Weekly Friday Link party, I would love for you to join!

Ashley
www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

 
At February 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Balancing said...

This is just beautiful! I love the color!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Diann said...

What a great thrifty find and the redo is wonderful! You really totally transformed that piece from "dated" to "fabulous"! Thank you for joining TTF and have a wonderful week!

 
At February 20, 2012 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I absolutely love that blue color!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

So beautiful!! I have a bit of a thing for green, i tend to use it a bit!
Can't believe you got it for $19!!! Score!!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Rebecca Gray @visitready.blogspot said...

i'm all for being patriotic, but those eagle knobs were hideous. the new ones sparkle just enough. great job!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Yes, ma'am! My fav color, too! I've done several pieces in turquoise. Come visit! http://bluestarantiques.blogspot.com

 
At February 22, 2012 at 7:16 AM , Blogger Diann said...

Hi! I am stopping back by to let you know that this post will be featured on this week's TTF party. I hope you will join us again and grab the "I was featured" button for your blog! Have a wonderful day!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Wow! Thank you so much. How exciting!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you! I will stop by!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you! I will definitely join!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thanks so much!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

Thank you!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

I know weren't they!! thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Our Tennessee Life said...

I will be sure to visit! Thanks for stopping by!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Total transformation! It looks nothing like it's former self and that is a good thing! I love blue too. And I just might have an eagle or two hanging around somewhere, but that's on my to-do list! Thanks for joining the party! Be sure to stop by tomorrow and check out the features!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home